Completed (through necessity)

I managed to rush to finish my organ painting so that I was able to give it to my sister before she left. I’m pleased about that but, as usual, I’m not totally pleased with the final product. The elements used are still ones I would like to continue working with. The organs are easier because I find there is more freedom in how I can represent them. However the flowers are what made me crazy. Nothing I did looked how I wanted them to look, so I suppose their just something I’ll have to practice. Painting on paper was also a challenge because it’s so absorbent and more difficult to layer paint like I’m used to. 

Anyway, here are a couple of progress shots:

big steps
big steps
filling in
filling in

And the final piece:

Done! acrylic 14x17
Done! acrylic 14×17
Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s