It’s been quite a while since I’ve used this blog. 3 months. Whoops.
Anyway, I’ve been working on a new painting in the intervening months between posts. It’s still dealing with internal anatomy, and it’s part of my efforts to successfully render florals.
The image below is from my sketchbook. I’m finally getting to a point where all my flowers don’t look deformed, but not at a point where I can leave reference pictures behind.
The painting-in-process is below. The small intestine (the orange one) needs some reworking. I want to bring a bit more contrast and vibrancy to it. I started with the greenery for the bouquet because that’s the easy part. Using paint for the flowers will be a bit more challenging than the pencil crayon colouring in the above image.
It’s fun to be painting again though!